Thursday, June 22, 2006

me and qiling are mugging as if we were still in the first week of holidays )):

and mugging time only takes up 20% of the time we spent the entire day. however, the blue sky day cheered me up and i immediately pushed the awful thoughts of commen tests to the back.
please proceed to qiling's blog (click here!) to witness our horrendous mugging lifestyle.

watching channel u's "my special journey" made me so ashamed of myself.
the show wrote:
"even in the world without sound, if you used your heart and listen,
you will hear a more melodious and touching song."

so true. how often do you pause for a moment and listen to others ?

humans are selfish.
we are only concerned about ourselves and if we have the energy, we will then try to spare some time for our closer friends.
but how often do we spare time for strangers? like giving up a seat to those in need? picking up a piece of paper for those who dropped it? opening the door for others? or even just smiling at a random stranger?

it's of no surprise (to me) that Singapore was ranked 30th out of 35 countries for the courtesy aspects of our people. and i won't even find it deserving if we managed to squeeze into the top 20 position cause i feel quite disgusted of the fellow singaporeans and even with myself.

i still remembered when i was in sec 3 i shared my umbrella with a stranger. it was kinda weird.
i went up to her with my umbrella already sheltering her. at that moment, i assumed i was her greatest gift from God.

and who knows, i got to meet her 2 years later in candy empire.

her: hie. let me pay your bill.
me: hmph. why?
her: do you still stay in bukit batok? you sheltered me from the rain once. do you still rem?
i was trying desperately to recall and BLING! i remembered that fateful rainy day.
me: OHHHHHHH! but it's ok, i can pay for the sweets myself ((:

and before i whipped out my wallet, she already paid the bill for me. even though the sweets were merely two bucks, i can feel her great sense of gratitude. and i was feeling so proud of myself (THERE'S ACTUALLY SOMEONE WHO WAS TOUCHED BY MY ACTION!)
and tuh-duh! i got free sweets! :D

so it's good to be kind. you never know who will identify you down the streets 2 yrs later.
kindness begets kindness.

on a sidenote, i am happy now.
but the higher the expectations, the higher the disappointments.
and what's the point of gloating over something that ain't concerte and also see no point portraying myself as someone else whom i am not.

whatever you think you are,
may not be exactly who you are.

if only everyday were smiley days



do you still believe i am your shadow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home