Monday, November 21, 2005

IDIOT'S GUIDE FOR WAITRESSING PART 2
:D

and my hands are still aching like madness.

sunday
spare the details of the church service and the naps that i am trying so hard to slot into my busy schedule for the day. i pretty much have a disturbing night as i was still having my waitressing's hangover.

serious.
for the whole night, i dreamt of all the guests i served and all my managers and my colleagues and even dishes, bowls, chopsticks, serving gears, table cloth, red wine and MORE redwine and the tramautising uncle i served.
the entire night was filled with unrest and fear. fearful that sunday night's banquet will be much more screwed up.
really wanna stay in bed but church is smth NOT to be compromise ((:

so i went back to work dutifully. though i so much hated it.

i saw the few people i know
  1. the twins ((: one is bin jian jian (face sharpsharp) and the other is binyuanyuan (face round round)
  2. guanhao
  3. aunty alena
  4. wuqiong and her friend
  5. that manager's xiaodi (the rest calls him cy)
  6. ginny's cousin and gf.
  7. the few regular aunties who never fail to rush out and cut queues
  8. some nice aunties! ((:
  9. the bespectacled bartender uncle
  10. this xiaodi who is looks like a malay and i think he's cute.
  11. these 3 ahbengs
  12. and some china girls
you know, this hotel has so many banquet waitress and it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to remember all of them.

so i thought i would die if guanhao is not going to partner with me.
but thank God,
i got aunty alena :D
she's so experienced.
and it's also a blessing cause one of the tables that we were assigned to is RESERVED!
HOORAY! :D
so we were in charge of one table each.
the usual stuff. find all the plates, fork, spoon, knives, round trays, long trays and everything lah and HIDE THEM! it's a MUST to hide them or else we will be scolded. and if we don't take, there will be tons of things to do when the dinner commence. hide behind the side tables, hide at the staircase (that's the extreme).

NO COCKTAIL FOR ME TODAY! :D
no heavy round trays :D

so i just rotted in the ballroom for the guest to arrive.
and thank God again! my table got 11 people!
SO I NEED NOT PORTION FOR THEM! :D except for sharks' fin soup and noodles and desserts

but u see, in the end i only get to serve shark's fin soup cos by the end of the dinner, they are TOO full to eat, so they requested to serve themselves ((:

and i reckon, i am really getting to like this job a little. i think the people are real nice and chinese guests (those not so high class one lah) are really nice. they are not used to being served so they rather serve themselves.
i also need to serve drinks for aunty alena's guests. and one of them worked as a banquet waiter before too. so he was commenting me for being so hardworking.

he: jc people don't really love to do these kind of jobs, haha, you are like me!"
me: oh. haha. yah.

but it's quite true. this is another conversation.
guanhao: u in sec sch arh? or poly? or ite?
me: ermx. jc.
gh: HUH! jc pple don't do this job one lor
me: here got no jc pple arh? then jc pple work where?
gh: here all poly and ite one what. jc pple do computer stuff lah.
me: hmm. ok. but i am in jc what. haha.

oh. and i wrote gh a thank you note. but he still gimme the dont-try-to-make-me-do-everything look. HAHA!! ((:
so at the end of the day i asked him.
me: so how was day w/o me? relieving? happy?
gh: not bad. but like very quiet leh. not livening one.
oh man. i was SO TOUCHED ok. he finally appreciated me. for once.

as the bartender has said, i will learn to love my job.
but by that time, it's also a time for me to leave.
it's always like this.

and hopefully, i will get to deborn a fish this week.

these 3 days,
i learnt a lot. met a lot of different pple while working.
both as a waitress and as a bags seller.
and i reckon. smart pple are REALLYsnobbish and this includes me.
and the rest are actually more willing to work and climb slowly from the bottom as seen by my managers and my employer (mrgoh) and the rest of my colleagues.
in fact, i admire them but i do wish that they would like to further impove themselves esp in s'pore. it's REALLY necessary.
ok, just slighty important.

but i really do like hardworking ahbengs now.
and not snobbish rich kids like those i see outside zouk when i finished work.
okie. i am being overgeneralising.

my point is, humility is good.

and i really love witnessing the union of the a couple.
especially during their walk-in into the ballroom with the romantic music.
i was so touched ystd that i nearly cried.
this entry is long. do enjoy :D





`i have learnt that there's a time to stop
a time to let go.
a time to cut it off.
and that was the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home