Sunday, January 01, 2006

it's yr 2006 already and i'm all alone at home using the computer. my parents are seemingly quite happening for their age man. bet they are out celebrating with their friends.

they shared the same group of friends cause my parents were actually classmates in sec school and this bunch of friends have been together since then.

this year (2006) didn't start off very well actually. me and lyd wanted to make a trip down to esplanade and countdown with xl and company but apparently tmrw's sabbath day(sunday's church day) and the church adults want us to be in bed early so we will be alert for service tmrw. so it kinda screwed everything up lah.

parents are really too much sometimes.
-yells and gaspe for air-

since everyone has been doing this, i shld do a simplistic one too

recollections of 2005
2005 started not too bad. the usual heebies jeebies were felt on the first day of school. new environment, new people and new uniform. it wasn't all that bad since first 3 months were rumoured to be the only period when jc life will be fun.

first 3 months were really nice. with s24. all my days were spent eating in the canteen, bridge-ing in the student lounge or classroom, pool-ing with stanley and the ac guys or in the chem lab looking at stanley dng nonsense with some of the chemicals. whatever it was, life was still fun and enjoyable.

i have no idea why i was willing to stay on in nj, but i believed that it's God's will that i stayed on. and i trust that His way is best.

apparently the rumour was super accurate, life took a 180degrees turn.

i didn't know what got over me and life in nj becomes being alone and being alone all the time. i realised being a loner needs a truckloads of courage; to reject all forms of companionship, all sincere welcomes and allows the queen of self-satisfying to set in. and what's wrong with being alone actually, we do need time for reflections.

and actually, nj library became our fave hangout.
and 'our' refers to me, gin, siew and cheryl. we were always at the library o_0

that period was quite tramautising with all the barely passing results, a civics tutor who seems to thrive on picking on me, a cca which doesn't even show me a wee bit of warmth and welcome, friendships that are in total mess and spiritual life that was at the bottom of the cliff. and when people leave and pursue their their own interests and they suddenly seem so far away.

most of all, pstr cheah passed away.

it took me almost 4 mths to pick myself up. thankful that week's tuesday was bright n sunny
:D
perhaps the weather behaves simultaneously with my mood ((:

it's really a matter of time, some people adapt faster then the others and i was the lucky one who took much more time then those who love nj cos' i really don't.

and tragically, i did not make any close friends in nj. and my fellow cheong-ster seems so far away so are my fellow trios.
but it's ok, cos we all know our love for one another is strong! :D

i am thankful for jean who seems to be holding the nienie family tgt.
lyd who is always there for me to bitch with every sunday.
my barneybro who listened to me on tt fateful evening when some thing came to an end.
rojak family who organised MORE outings this year then ever.
trio who are forever with me in my spiritual walk with God no matter what.
nienie family who provides me with endless laughters
and lastly, my guardian force who never fails to suan and make me lose money.
and thank God for bringing me through this year though it has been a hard one.

and i went zoo, night safari, bird park, hongkong, disneyland, orchid park, botanical gardens cck cemetary this year. these places mark significant memories to me; good or bad.

i really do miss that annie that is mostly happy.

and the same day last year was a happy day at yew tee ((: i miss xinlin's bed too.

annie's gonna try to have LONG hair too! :D
[i can't stop harping on this!!!]



`bye (mr/mrs/mdm/ms/miss/homo) 2005. i wished you have never come.
welcome ms 2006, i wish you will be merciful towards me. once is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home