Wednesday, May 16, 2007

my hamster died. how bad can yesterday be?

daddy was the first person who realised she was dead. so he came into my room and slowly and calmly broke the news to me. "hamstie is dead."

she was all cold and bald (she's really old so she's dropping fur)
i was kinda scared cos' this is the first time i am touching a dead 'body'
it looked like a peaceful death cos' she was in her sleeping position and with eyes closed.

almost 2 years of being part of the cheongs family.
she's abt 3+yrs btw. way over her normal lifespan which is a comfort to me.
i am not that bad as an owner.

i can't imagine myself as a keeper.
looking after the animals since young till they are old and dying.
there was a chimp keeper who switch to looking after baboons after 19yrs cos' he really can't take the heartache of losing any of the chimps anymore.

i buried hamstie and it looks like a grave.
it's kinda dumb on my part (since everyone laughed) but this is the best i could do for her.

life goes on.
what's in the past will always be.
my life is hardened. proven. period.

for hamstie,


night safari has a complicated buggy route. on my way! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home